HISTORY OF THE SEEHOTEL BERLIN-RANGSDORF
The Rangsdorfer See is about 250 hectares and the Krumme Lanke about 50 hectares. The greatest depth of the lake is 2.50 to 3.50 meters. In the twenties, the first sales facility, simple seating and changing rooms, and sanitary facilities were built on the beach.
Until 1928, more buildings were built on the beach. A slide was built in the lake, which was very popular. The bath was now called “sea bath”. The Strand-Casino was a glass hall built in 1896 for the trade exhibition in Berlin-Treptow, after which it served as a beer hall in Berlin. It was bought by the municipality of Rangsdorf for 3,000 marks, rebuilt in 1929 on Rangsdorf Lake next to the open-air swimming pool and opened in 1930. In the casino fundamentally rebuilt into a seaside casino.
After 1945, events in the seaside casino were more and more shaped by the circumstances of the time. Owners and operators changed several times. Finally, the state-owned consumer cooperative trade of the former GDR managed the seaside casino until the end of 1991. Finally, in 1991, it was returned to the local government and leased.
In 1996, the seaside casino had to close and was subsequently sold to the Glendenberg family through a public tender. After barely a year of construction, the current Hotel and Restaurant Seebad-Casino was opened on August 3, 2000. Since 2015, the traditional house belongs to the private hotels Dr. Lohbeck as Seehotel Berlin-Rangsdorf. And today we offer our guests comfortable rooms, a wide range of leisure activities and, of course, a varied gastronomy.
Privathotels Dr. Lohbeck GmbH & Co.KG
Seehotel Berlin Rangsdorf
On the beach 1
Phone: 033708 9288 0
Fax: 033708 9288 330
PRIVATE HOTELS DR. LOHBECK